The following studies and reports are currently available for download. For larger PDF files, it is recommended that you right click on the link, save the document to your computer, open the software program (i.e. Adobe, Powerpoint) and, from your software, open the file that is saved on your computer.
Grove Street Improvement Project
5 Year Consolidated Plan/FY16 Action Plan process
• Notice of public comment period, public hearing and availability of draft 5-year Consolidated Plan & FY2016 Action Plan
SSU North Campus Garage
Point Neighborhood Planning
Open Space and Recreation Action Plan
• 2015 Recreation Facility Needs Assessment & Master Plan/Open Space & Recreation Plan Update:
Lead Mills Conservation Area Design - Please be advised that this document is not a construction plan for the Lead Mills site. Rather than determine exactly what will be built, it sets a vision to help guide selected incremental improvements to be implemented as funding and need permits.
Community Development Block Grant FY12-Present
Salem Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment & Action Plan Final Draft 2014
Salem Port Expansion Project
• Salem Port Expansion Analysis of Existing Port Plans and Development of Preferred Plan Final Draft Report (24M PDF)
Footprint Salem Harbor Station
• Click here for AECOM Findings, March 7, 2013
• Click here for Sasaki Findings, March 7, 2013
• Click here for the Footprint Salem Harbor Station Presentation of Feburary 26, 2013
Salem Public Art Master Plan
Essex Street Pedestrian Mall Improvements
• The SRA approved the conceptual plan for pedestrian mall improvements. More detailed design plans will be submitted and reviewed by the DRB. Click here for the conceptual plan.
Essex Street Pedestrian Mall Study
Click Here for the Bertram Field 4/9/13 Public Meeting Presentation
Salem Commuter Rail Station
• Click here for the Salem Intermodal Station Public Meeting Presentation of 6/19/13
• Click here for the Pedestrian and Bike Access Study
• Click here for the Pedestrian and Bike Access Study Presentation
• Clickhere for the Salem Intermodal Station Public Meeting Presentation of 3/20/13
• Click here for the Salem Intermodal Station Public Meeting Presentation of 11/13/12
• Click here for the Salem Intermodal Station Public Meeting Presentation of 6/26/12
• Click here for the Salem Intermodal Station Public Meeting Presentation of 4/9/12.
• Click here for the Transportation Study, November, 2011
• Click here for the Salem Intermodal Station Public Meeting Presentation of 2/16/12.
All comments and questions should be directed to George Doherty at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for the survey form.
Bridge Street Neck Neighborhood
• Click here for the Bridge Street neck Zoning Report
• Click here for the District Local Technical Assistance grant for Bridge Street rezoning
• Click here for the Bridge Street Neck Neighborhood Historic Properties Survey Final Report (2010/2011)
• Click here for the Bridge Street Neck Neighborhood Master Plan page
Superior Court & Commissioners Building Reuse
• Salem Superior Courthouse & County Commissioners Building Feasibility of Real Estate Options 2012 (6.3M PDF)
Renovation of Salem Probate & Family Court
Proposed Legacy Park Planned Unit Development Documents
North River Canal Corridor Transportation Study
The Department of Planning and Community Development is working with consultant Fay, Spofford & Thorndike on a study examining the impacts of redevelopment projects in the North River Canal Corridor (NRCC) and exploring potential transportation improvements in the area.
Splaine Park Renovation
Salem Downtown Renewal Plan - Click Here
St. Joseph's Redevelopment
• Click here for photographs of the St. Joseph's Parish Complex
• Click here for the Draft Memorandum of Agreement dated 11/15/11
• Click here for the Memorandum Documenting DHCD's Consideration of Means to Avoid or Minimize Effects on Historic Properties dated 11/8/11, cover letter to Consulting Party dated 11/8/11 and Legal Notice dated 11/11/11.
• Click here for a 8/29/11 PDF containing a letter and:
*Planning Office for Urban Affairs Memorandum dated 8/17/11, "Consideration of Alternatives, St. Josephs' Redevelopment"
*Planning Office for Urban Affairs Presentation dated 8/17/11, "St. Joseph's Redevelopment: Consideration of alternatives to avoid, minimize or mitigate adverse effects on historic properties; Report to the Salem Historical Commission
*Structures North Consulting Engineers' Report dated 3/21/05, "St. Joseph's Complex"
Additional information on the project, including the Draft Supplimental Case Report, is available for view at the City of Salem Department of Planning & Community Development. For questions or comments regarding Section 106 Review, please contact Paul Silverstone AIA, Architect/Environmental Officer, MassHousing, One Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108, 617-854-1718, email@example.com.
Salem Harbor Power Station Site Assessment Study
Community Development Block Grant FY05-FY11
• FY10 Action Plan - Final (797K PDF) (includes CDBG-R Substantial Amendment and Consolidated Plan Amendment)
• FY08 Action Plan - Final (1M PDF)
• FY07 Action Plan (831K PDF)
• FY06 Action Plan for Community Development (1.4MB PDF)
• 2005 Five-Year Consolidated Plan (5MB PDF)
Winter Island Master Plan
Lafayette Street Improvements Project
Furlong Park Project
Salem Comprehensive Parking Plan, July, 2010
5 Broad Street Reuse Feasibility Study
Energy Efficiency and Conservation Strategy
Click Here for the Neighborhood Preservation District Study - 2008
J. Michael Ruane Judicial Center Documents
15 Peabody Street Park
Misc. Posted 2008
Old Town Hall
Misc. Posted 2005-2007
• 2000 Salem Harbor Plan (24M PDF)
• Salem Marketplace Final Report (6.6M PDF)
• Design Guidelines Manual (6.1MB PDF)
Downtown Salem Retail Plan
Point Neighborhood Historic Resources Survey and Preservation Plan
North River Canal Corridor Plan
• Project Overview (651K PDF )
• Planning Process (217K PDF )
• Vision (132K PDF )
• Master Plan (117K PDF )
• Implementation (84K PDF )
• Transportation (177K PDF )
• Market Summary (33K PDF)
Fort Lee and Fort Pickering Conditions Assessment, Cultural Resources Survey, and Maintenance and Restoration PLan, 2003: Pages 1-88, Pages 89-130
Return to DPCD